Thursday, October 15, 2015

Slice of Video Game Heaven

So, I had the opportunity to New York City again this year, which means two things: 1. Halal Guys aka Delicious Street Meat and 2. NINTENDO WORLD!!!!!!!  Nintendo World is the only store of its name in the ENTIRE WORLD!!! It’s pretty much my video game Mecca.  Aside from the nearly three dozen various gaming kiosks and divine selection of Officially Licensed Nintendo merchandise they have for sale, there is a display that showcases a game or series of games on the second floor.  The last time I went, the history of Pokemon was being showcased and I felt like I was in middle school again.  This time, it was a different experience because the game being showcased was one that I have not quite gotten into, yet.  The game is Splatoon.  It did not really appeal to me at first, but the showcase had bits from the Iwata Asks interview and Splatoon’s design process awesome sauce.  By the time I had finished observing the display, I knew I was on the right path.  Nintendo World really is my video game Mecca.












I was quite excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment